A List Of Winning History Extended Essay Topics To Consider
The extended essay is a common academic requirement in one’s work towards earning a degree or diploma in a number of subject areas (e.g., English, History, Biology, Chemistry, Art, Music, etc.). The following is a list of winning history extended essay topics to consider using when working towards a degree in History:
- Discuss how immigration policy changed in the United States in the years preceding World War II when there were a number of Jewish refugees fleeing different parts of Europe under the Fascist German regime.
- What are the biggest reasons leading up to the decline of the Soviet Union in the 1980s and1990s? How did the policies in Western European countries help in speeding the events that occurred in the final years?
- Discuss the role that socialist ideology had on German society in the 1930s and how these opinions inspired the oppositional fascist ideology which became predominant and led to the rise of the Nazi party.
- Compare and contrast the various interpretations and explanations evolving after the Cuban missile crises between the United States, Cuba and the Soviet Union. What insights do these explanations have in our knowledge of the relationship between these countries?
- What were some of the consequences arising from the Treaty of Versailles after World War I? Consider how the sanctions placed on Germany, casting them into an economic fall, lead to the nation’s sentiments towards the rest of the Western Europe?
- Discuss the early developing of soccer in different parts of South America in the 20th century. How were politics in each of these countries shaped because of the national sentimentality towards the rising sport?
- In the early U.S. colonies, legal processes allowed for the Salem Witch trials to occur leading to the deaths of 19 people because of false accusations. How did this lead to sweeping reform giving the accused more rights?
- Provide a critical analysis of how the system of art patronage worked in Renaissance Italy and how this system survived for several centuries giving rise to great works of art throughout Europe.
- Compare and contrast the role of serfs in Russia and the role of peasants in Western Europe in the 15th and 16th centuries. How did the two systems succeed in elevating the upper classes into further wealth?
- What were the causes of the Panic of 1819 in the United States, which is often described as being the first economic downturn experienced in the country?