Tips And Ideas For Writing An Argumentative Essay On Euthanasia
What Is An Argumentative Essay?
An argumentative essay is a write-up that allows the student to present his/her coherent thoughts, evidential supports and logics to defend an argument or a point. So in a way, if a student masters the skill on writing argumentative essay, it may equip him/her in real world also.
Argumentative Essay on Euthanasia Is Challenging-
Euthanasia is a hotly debated topic right now world-ver. Not only are the near and dear ones of terminally ill patients concerned about it but also the medical fraternity. So if you are assigned to write an argumentative article about Euthanasia – take it as a challenge which is exciting as well as cerebral.
Few Tips to Write an Argumentative Essay:
- Back up your defense with logic, reason and examples. If this article comes as a part of your GMAT exam, then it’s obvious that you won’t get to lay your hands on data/statistics. Make it up with your strong logic.
- Look for the weaker points of the argument that is presented in front you. If the topic is ‘Euthanasia must be legalized’, you should point-out the flaw citing –“who will decide on that”? Start your essay from there.
- Take it for granted that your logic is always right. Don’t sound ambiguous about whether the opposite view might be holding some substance.
- Lucid language, sparing the jargons are some of the key points that your article must contain.
- Finally, plan before you write and revise thoroughly once you finish it off.
Few Ideas for Argumentative Essay –
- Euthanasia is often referred to as the ‘good death’, though ending a life purposefully can never be good. Do you support that?
- Even a comatose patient must have the right to decide upon his fate. Show five reasons against it.
- The government must hold the supreme power to decide upon Euthanasia. Are you in favor of it?
- Euthanasia should have upper age limit. Are you for or against it?
- Popular media sensationalize Euthanasia cases. Do you support it or not?
- Legal aspects must be stricter for Euthanasia. Are you for or against this statement?
- Euthanasia should be applied to children under 12 also. Show us why this is right or wrong.
- Only the doctors can wield the power to deem the patient fit for Euthanasia. Do you support that?
- Euthanasia is forced killing. What’s your view on that?
- Euthanasia should be accepted with the course of time and must not be debated further. Pick up a side and show us why it’s right.